Not all places are are right for your business. There are risks associated with every location, impacting operational costs, profits, and product quality.
For companies seeking new operational locations, BBA offers a systematic site selection process that provides a framework for determining the costs and benefits of operation for any given place.
Our process includes defining the company's location parameters, collecting and analyzing data from prospective communities, negotiating with local officials on possible financial incentives, and finalizing agreements once a decision is made by the company on a final location.
During the search for the right location, we examine the following factors
• Demographic profile -- residential and employed populations, socioeconomic indicators
• Labor market -- quantity and quality (talent), prevailing wages, educational and training resources.
• Business climate -- state and local tax burden, regulatory and permitting environment.
• Utilities -- (availability/reliability, cost of electricity, natural gas, water, and telecom)
• Transportation (highway, rail, air) and logistics costs
• Financial incentives. -- Tax abatements, grants, financing, worker training, site costs
• Quality of Life -- Cost of living, health-care, education, cultural/recreational opportunities
• Real Estate -- Available sites/buildings, fit and cost, typography, and geo-technical.